Monday, August 20, 2007

Losing My Religion

Physicists are the contemporary philosophers. Blessed are the physicists. And damned, if Einstein's comments on watchmaking, and Feynman's bitter realisation that reasons aren't always constant, are anything to go by. A big ta to RobiNZ for pointing me towards Freeman Dyson, thereby giving me the impetus to invest in reading this, which in turn was kindly brought to my attention by Arts & Letters Daily.

Accordingly, I hereby renounce my Jedi faith and declare myself a Heretic. I believe in counter-intuitives. I believe in doubt. I believe in everything, nothing is sacred. I believe in nothing, everything is sacred. I believe in the Higgs Boson, taniwhas and monetary policy. I believe in Tane, Thor and God. I believe in mathematics. I believe in art. I believe in beauty.