Tuesday, June 01, 2010

RSS hell

When you follow as many blogs as I do, it is difficult to tell when one of them drops off the feed. For example, interest.co.nz's new website also introduced a new feed and dropped the old Rates Blog feed without telling anyone. It took me a week to realise I was missing Bernard Hickey's Top 10 at 10.

But the really annoying one is the demise of Matt Taibbi's TrueSlant blog when he moved exclusively to Rolling Stone. At least some warning was given, but for the life of me I can't find the new RSS feed to enter into Google Reader. Every time I click on the orange RSS logo on the page or the blue logo in the address bar, I get redirected to Rolling Stone's front page. Pasting a subscription link directly into Google Reader results in an error message.

So much for concept of Really Simple Script.