Wednesday, April 01, 2009

A short diversion into meta-analysis

Over the last couple of months, I've been trying a little experiment in "popularity". From the end of January til about a week ago, I have been blogging pretty much daily. I wished to see how this regular blattery affected the hit counts. Well, I have to admit it didn't work out as planned.

Sure, my stats were temporarily boosted by shameless plugs over at Public Address, but that has all but worn off now. Matter of fact, the blog's Technorati Authority has actually dropped a couple of notches (that's the election wearing off. Six months already?). As far as expanding the mighty reading empire of gFBT goes, regular blogging is not a winner. So, it's back to esoteric and whenever-I-get-around-to-it blog posts.

But it's also the end of March and might as well list a few stats for Tumeke, Open Parachute and Half Done, as well as curious readers. A big thanks to those three popularity aggregators who manage to fit me into their top 70. I am particularly flattered by Half Done's latest ranking. Top 50! Woohoo! More popular than John Key! OK, maybe popularity IS a drug...

According to Sitemeter, March '09 looked like this: