Saturday, September 26, 2009

Line of the day

Brian Edwards has launched the equivalent of a fireship at public libraries, calling them a form of theft. This has resulted in a very funny and scathing thread. Best line goes to the University of Waikato Library:

Hello Brian

I know your post is aimed at public libraries, but I used to have your worthy tome within my sturdy walls. (Just how sturdy they are is evident for all to see at the moment as they are being ripped apart! It’s a bit chilly on the inside.)

I can tell you that your book was borrowed once in 2003, thrice in 2004, four times in 2005, thrice in 2006, once in 2007, twice in 2008 and once in 2009 whereupon it was lost by the patron.

Out of interest, this is the most popular of your tomes in my collection. Of the 13 other tomes I have authored by you, one has been issued 4 times, one 3 times, two 2 times, six 1 time, and three have had 0 issues.

Ka kite